I have been obsessed with pineapple and coconut lately and decided to come up with a pina colada cupcake recipe. They turned out well but I forgot how much creamed coconut and coconut oil I used. I believe this is pretty close but I apologize if it isn’t exact. Baking is always an experiment.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
3 tsp egg replacer mixed with 4 tbsp of warm water
1/4 fresh pineapple finely processed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup nonhydrogenated vegetable shortening
2 2/3 cups sifted powdered sugar
About 5 tbsp. Creamed Coconut
About 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. To make cupcakes, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, egg replacer, pineapple and vanilla. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and whisk until combined. If you would like, you can try keeping some chunks of pineapple in the cupcake mix too.
3. Divide batter among cupcake cups. Fill them up pretty full about 2-3 cm of room on the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. It will be about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to allow cupcakes to cool completely in pan.
4. To make the frosting, beat shortening, 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar, and the creamed coconut and coconut oil together with an electric beater until frosting is smooth and fluffy. You can try playing with the sugar by lessening it if you want it less sweet. Add alternative milk to make it creamier but not too much or it will become too viscous.
5. Put frosting in a icing bag or zip lock bag and decorate cupcake. If you have pineapples, putting a sliced pineapple on top of cup cake might be nice. Other nice decorations are candied pineapple, chocolate covered pineapple, or shredded coconut.
Who in the world decided to leave a pineapple in the clothing department at Target? Made my day lmaoo! #Target #pineapple #funny (Taken with Instagram)
Pineapple for dayyys!!!!
When James Roday was younger he was in a band called Dogberry.
“sailing pineapple” 8/6/12 -gabe rock, east river
because Claire is a fucking pineapple <3